South Africa’s oldest township theatre-restaurant
Amazink is proud to have been South Africa’s very first township theatre-restaurant. Here, in the heart of Kayamandi, the sounds, sights and tastes of South Africa are skilfully brought together to create an unforgettable experience that will capture your imagination and, as the moon rises over the mountains outside, the drumbeat calls to every heart.
Amazink is a restaurant and events venue that hosts the AmazinkLive dinner-theatre events. On show nights guests are welcomed to an outdoor terrace overlooking the Stellenbosch mountains. Dinner includes a traditional South African “braai”, as part of a three course dinner. The show is a live musical performance that is best described as vibrant and soulful local rhythms woven through a story of life, love and laughter. The entire evening is interactive and lots of fun for the whole family.
Tickets are available on published show dates only.
Additional shows can be hosted for groups of 50 or more people. This makes for an ideal birthday party or corporate celebration.
Amazink is open weekdays for coffee and light meals, and is the starting point for our Kayamandi on Foot walking tour.
Price: From R 650 per person
- It is advised to arrange transport as parking is limited.
- Wear comfortable shoes for dancing
- Bring your favourite bottle of wine along. We do not sell alcohol.
- Welcome drink
- Three course sit-down meal
- AmazinkLiver performance
- Craft sales
- Toilet facilities
- Soft drinks, coffee and tea
This experience is available to 1 or more people on dedicated show nights.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transport to the Ikhaya Trust Centre where Amazink is situated.
- Drinks other to the welcome drink supplied. Tea, coffee and soft drinks are for sale. Guests can bring their own wine.
- Any food in addition to the menu items listed above.
- Any craft purchases
Pick up and Drop off
The venue is at the Ikhaya Trust Centre and guests need to arrange their own transport or book a transfer from the Visit Stellenbosch tourism centre at 47 Church Street. Visitors can be collected and taken to the venue. To book this service click here.